Tuesday 14 May 2013

I love Tuesdays!!

In our house, Tuesday is magazine day. If my daughter is well behaved, I treat her to one too. So today I bought Grazia and Look, as I normally do. Sometimes I'll get the iPad version, but mainly I like the feel of a magazine. And luckily enough today, after a trip to a local Farm Park and Play Barn, I'd worn the girls out enough to warrant them an hours sleep at 2pm, so I could get a coffee and a lifestyle fix! 
I love my magazine fixes. I appreciate them so much more now that the children are here. Don't get me wrong, I love them to bits and I love spending time with them, but I need some me time.
Reading those magazines gives me a little bit of myself back. I have always loved fashion and retail (I've worked in retail since I was 15, Miss Selfridge, Warehouse and H&M). Its nice to see whats new, whats old and not just fashion but beauty, books, films and other various bits and pieces. It's nice to have a bit of me time and to feel like my old self. I'd like to think I don't drift into my old self, but just my new self with a different perspective. However, I will always have an outlook and an eye on fashion! I wouldn't be me otherwise and if and hour with my head in a magazine can do that - bring on the afternoon nap ha! 




No comments:

Post a Comment